The European Union Film Festival is a Not For Profit organization, it's the unique cultural collaboration of EU Consulates and Cultural Institutes in Toronto. Celebrating cinematic excellence with national and international award-winning Films, we are proud to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the European Union Film Festival at The Royal Cinema from November 15 – 30, 2014.
For its 10th year, the official European Union Film Festival (EUFF) strives to reflect the excellence, innovation, and diversity of European cinema in Toronto, the world's most multicultural city. Founded in 2004 as a salve to Hollywood monotony, this free festival showcases 28 contemporary films drawn from each of the EU's member countries. EUFF is a unique festival and the only one in the world to bring together disparate EU Consulates and local cultural institutes for collaboration.
2014 Participating EU Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
- To present a Film Festival reflecting the excellence, innovation, and diversity of European cinema
- To feature Canadian premieres of European films
- To showcase national and international award-winning films
- To engage in cultural collaborations and dialogues between EU countries and Canada
- To support and feature emerging and established filmmakers
- To celebrate the diversity of Europe in the heart of the most multicultural city in the world
For more information about the European Union, visit the web site of the Delegation of the European Union in Canada